What is EMI?
The Event Marketing Institute is a think tank, educator, and professional resource dedicated to the advancement and development of best practices, insights and business intelligence for individuals and companies using live marketing as a strategic marketing initiative. EMI serves as a catalyst for innovative thinking in event marketing strategies, tactics and measurement.
Why Join EMI?
Face-to-face marketing is one of the fastest-growing and most powerful areas of marketing today, yet many organizations are challenged with understanding how to integrate live events into their marketing mix to create meaningful customer relationships that generate measurable business results. In addition, the myriad operational demands of staging live events requires wide and deep understanding of operations and logistics issues. To achieve lasting personal and professional competitive advantage, individuals and organizations must create and implement measurable strategies and tactics for staging successful event marketing programs.
Access Exclusive Members-Only Benefits
EMI members have access to business intelligence, peer networking, practical tools, resources and benefits, including:
EMI Free Member Resources (Available only to EMI members)
2. White Papers
4. Original Research
5. Exclusive Publications
7. Monthly analysts calls
EMI Member Discounts
1. EMI and Event Marketer Magazine Events
2. Online Training Courses and Certificate Programs
3. Evalu8PRO event performance measurement system
4. Event Supplier Select e-procurement/RFP system
5. Consulting and Research Services
6. Major Industry Forecasts and In-Depth Reports
Who Should Join?
Event Marketing Management is NOT an extension of the traditional marketing services function. It is an evolving specialty within both corporations and agencies alike that is becoming a strategic discipline that requires its own curriculum and toolset, and represents important knowledge for every marketing professional. EMI Membership is an important resource for:
- Brand-side marketing managers, event marketing executives, trade show/exhibit managers, meeting planners and procurement executives who are looking to ensure that their events deliver against measurable business objectives.
- Agency-side executive managers, account managers, and operations executives who need to be ahead of the curve on trends and issues, and also want to gain a competitive edge by accessing the tools and resources offered by EMI to assist in presentations, budget justification, and internal education and training.
- Supplier-side top management and client service managers who want to better understand the needs of their end customers.
- Fast-track leaders at any company who are employing (or want to employ) the best and most-informed live marketing strategies to ensure their marketing programs create the best possible results.
Success belongs to marketers with innovative ideas, strategic knowledge, and operational expertise. We invite you to learn, share and grow your career and your company’s results with EMI’s suite of comprehensive resources, and join our active membership community.
Need Help With Membership?
Call Kevin Ritch, Senior Director, Member Services at 203-852-5693, or email